The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge is committed to protecting your privacy.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
The following information about you is collected for several different services and website functions as outlined below:
Call For Entries
When you submit an entry(ies), we need to know your name, email address, phone number, mailing address. This allows us to process and enter your video and to notify you if you are honored for an award.
The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge Newsletter
When you sign up for The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge newsletter, we collect only an email address to deliver the requested information.
How can you edit your personal information?
You may change your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and describing the changes you would like to make.
How does The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge protect and store customer information?
When you access your account information, we provide a secure server with secure server software (SSL) that encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access using industry-standard methods to secure our electronic databases.
What about “cookies”?
A cookie—a small text file placed on a user’s hard drive—is generated by a software application on a site’s server. We use temporary session cookies to assign to you and store a SessionID on all secure pages. These cookies allow you to move uninterrupted between areas of our secure site. This SessionID is not personally identifiable to you and this type of cookie does not leave any retrievable information on your hard drive.
We use a session cookie on our site to determine whether or not you are accepting cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features on our site.
How does The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge use the information it collects?
(1) To promote the use of our services to you and others. For example, if we collect your information when you visit our website and do not sign up for any of the services, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. In addition, our partners may use your information to advertise their services to potential or other users like you. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send
(2) To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
(4) To respond to your comments and questions, to communicate with you about your account, and to provide customer support.
(5) To enforce compliance with our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners or customers. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
(6) To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
(7) To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
Data Retention and Erasure
Information we collect may be retained for as long as needed to fulfill legitimate business purposes, or for a period of time specifically required or allowed by applicable regulation or laws. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide services to you, you can withdraw your consent or request that we erase your information by contacting email@example.com. Please note that if you request erasure of your information, we may retain some of your information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention, and to comply with our legal obligations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). We do not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects your information, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Note that any Do-Not-Track instructions from your browser or similar mechanism will not affect our collection of the data that you voluntarily provide to us through such means as browsing our website, signing up for any of the services, or entering personal information on our website.
The The CIIT Cancer Awareness Video Challenge welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. You may contact us at:
Catch It In Time
2675 S. Abilene Street, Ste. 175
Aurora, CO 80014